Warning: getimagesize(http://geekout.ph/images/PixelKings/best-pc-games-of-2016.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home3/thebim/public_html/components/com_cedthumbnails/helpers/file.php on line 77
I've been getting hit by ads for Paladins almost everywhere I go. I got curious and looked it up. First thing I noticed is that the character designs are actually quite similar to Overwatch, in both the character archetype and the skills. And then a few days later, Hi-Rez Studios states that Paladins https://www.viagrasansordonnancefr.com/viagra-ou-cialis/ is NOT an Overwatch clone. Because of all of that drama, I decided to give Paladins a try and see it for myself.
According to Hi-Rez studios COO, the game that deserves the most credit for being Paladins' inspiration is TF2. And I agree with that; even Blizzard says the same thing for Overwatch.
But how similarly do they play?
I'm going to play around with it a bit more to come up with more impressions but here are the key differences I found:
- Paladins has an item card system that allows for perk customization
- Paladins has a deeper character customization system by pairing up skins with weapons and headgear (like TF2)
- Paladins is free to play
- Overwatch has much faster gameplay
- Paladins skin and feature unlocking is not random
- Overwatch has much better lore
- Paladins shows damage numbers, which I sort of enjoy
- Maps on Overwatch are a smidge better
- Paladins starts you off with bots until level 5, which is good, but it doesn't tell you that
Bottomline is, though, both games are fun and they play completely differently. Clone or not, I think Paladins has its own place in the gaming world.