As I previously mentioned in my most anticipated games of 2013 post, the Tomb Raider reboot tops my list. Hot British girl who gets down and dirty with criminal elements while tomb raiding? C'mon, what's not to love? I'm super excited for it.
And I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned somewhere (probably on Twitter) that the Philippines isn't exactly a great place to be a gamer, because we always get shafted when it comes to those exclusive pre-order bonuses on Gamestop or Amazon or whatever.
Good guy DataBlitz comes to the rescue by giving us exclusive pre-order bonuses, as well! HUZZAH! Problem is, PS3 owners are out of luck since these are exclusive to XBox 360 and PC. So BOO!
EDIT: I bought the PS3 version yesterday and it came with a redeemable code that includes ALL the XBox 360 standard edition bonuses.
Here are the deets:
Getting the Tomb Raider Standard Edition for PC and XBox 360 for a down payment of P500 nets you:
- Additional "Agility" upgrade for Lara Croft
- Additional multiplayer map "Shanty Town"
- Tomb Raider Combat Strike Pack, which includes "Animal Instinct" and "Headshot Reticle" skill upgrades and the "Pistol Burst" and "Pistol Silencer" weapon upgrades. These sound like multiplayer upgrades.
If you choose to get the Survival Edition for the XBox 360 for a down payment of P1,500 gets you everything in the Standard Edition and the following:
- Hitman: Absolution Weapons Pack 1; a three-piece bundle of weapons that Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution
- "Hunter," "Aviatrix," "Guerilla" multiplayer skins
- Exclusive single player challenge map "Tomb of the Lost Adventurer." In it, you explore the final resting place of an intrepid adventurer, and solve a puzzle involving a downed plane to claim your reward. Who the explorer is remains unrevealed so you'd have to play it to find out
- And of course, the Survival Edition comes with the art book, soundtrack CD (WTF who still uses CDs?), a pouch and a lithograph.
Do some of the bonuses feel like they're game breaking for the MP? The silencer and burst sure as hell sound like they are, but of course we'll have to wait for release to find out. I remember Battlefield's pre-order bonuses sucked hard and they weren't useful for much but they were nice to have. I hope Tomb Raider pre-bonuses don't make it "pay to win."
For more details, click here.
I'd also like to point out that this is the proper way of encouraging first owner sales. If you want these goodies, you buy it new from the proper retailers. If you buy it used, then you lose out on all these advantages.
Also, it sucks MAJOR SWEATY DONKEY BALLS that this isn't available for the PS3. I hope DataBlitz gives us PS3 users a deal like this, too.